Start Ugly Finish Strong

A Brand New Day
Start Ugly, Finish Strong

Good morning,

It’s a Brand New Day!  Another opportunity to take a step forward, even if starting looks messy.

Many things worth doing will start ugly. 
That first speech may be shaky, the first recording, the first book draft rough, the first class you teach may feel awkward. 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

But the beauty of starting ugly is that it positions you to finish strong.

Perfection delays progress. 

Progress, however, creates momentum.
And momentum is what carries you to the finish line.

Don’t despise small or messy beginnings. They are proof that you had the courage to begin.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Reflection Prompt:
What project, idea are you eyeing from afar?
What habit do you need to start today?
Does it feel “ugly”?

Why don't you just start.
Starting will give you a "happy" feeling.
Yes! Just Start.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
#ABrandNewDay #JustStart  #StartUglyFinishStrong #Momentum #CourageToBegin #NewBeginnings

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm keeping up, because I know I'll get there no matter what life may throw at me, I will finish strong - Ken

Anonymous said...

I will finish strong too, once I start. But, many times, starting is the big problem.

Anonymous said...

I thought it was impossible until I took the first step….

Anonymous said...

Yaaaay!! I started lifting weights at last. I've been thinking about it. But thinking alone has not helped!